VNCPC and partners implement EU-funded Eco-Fair project

The project “Promotion of supply and demand for agricultural products processing certified ecology – fair in Vietnam” (Eco-Fair), funded by the European Union (EU), began to implement from April 2020.

Vietnam Cleaner Production Center Co., Ltd. (VNCPC), together with partners including the Vietnam Rural Industries Research and Development Institute (VIRI) – project coordinating agency, the Center for Innovation and Development Sustainability (CCS) and Funzilife Ltd. (Finland) will implement this project in 3 years from 2020 – 2023. The project has a total budget of over 1.8 million Euro, of which the European Commission (EC) 80% funding, the remaining 20% ​​is contributed by the parties.

The overall objective of the project is to promote sustainable production and consumption of eco-equitable agricultural product processing in Vietnam, contributing to poverty reduction and sustainable livelihood development, towards the green economy, recirculating economy, reducing carbon emissions, improving resource efficiency in Vietnam.

Regarding specific objectives, the project helps:

  • Enhancing the capacity of small and micro enterprises (MSMEs) to implement sustainable production practices and product innovation in the food supply chain;
  • Raising awareness of the majority of consumers about lifestyles, sustainable consumption, building networks to promote the implementation of eco-fair labels;
  • Using technology platforms to build a network of retailers – eco-fair products;
  • Strengthening the capacity of MSMEs to develop products in an eco-equitable manner to facilitate access to financial resources;
  • Supporting policy development on fair production and consumption of eco-products in Asia.