- Donor: IDH
- Leading partner: IDH
- Implementing partners: VNCPC, SOFIES
- Duration: 07/2021 – 02/2022
- Sector: Industry
- Region: Vietnam
- Contact: Bui Khac Tu
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: (84-24) 3868 4849 – ext 34
VNCPC together with IDH and SOFIES review the current policy on eco-industrial parks and other related policies such as policy on water, management of industrial zones, labor, free trade agreements for exploring and scoping out the opportunity for development of verified industrial park assessment framework in Vietnam.
- To explore and identify the opportunity of developing a verified industrial park (VIP) assessment framework for the performance measurement and categorization of sustainable industrial parks in Vietnam. This result would in a framework with fixed categories of industrial park performance, which potentially help IPs move towards ecological industrial park status;
- To define the potential synergies of the VIP assessment framework for sustainable industrial parks with other programs on ecological industrial park and industrial ecology strategy, as well as other relevant industrial park policies and programs in Vietnam;
- To draft an outline and structure of verified industrial park assessment framework for Vietnam;
- To explore and formalize agreements to co-create a VIP assessment framework with key stakeholders, e.g., MPI, UNIDO, global buyers, etc.