- Donor: Vestergaard
- Leading partner: SOFIES
- Implementing partners: VNCPC
- Duration: 05/2021 – 02/2022
- Sector: Textile (PermaNet® production)
- Region: Vietnam
- Contact: Dinh Manh Thang
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: (84-24) 3868 4849 – ext 25
PermaNet® long lasting insecticidal nets from Vestergaard play a leading role in the fight against malaria. Vector control is the main way to prevent and reduce malaria transmission. Till date, more than 800 million nets have been produced by Vestergaard. Currently about 60 million nets are produced every year at 12 production sites, exclusively in Vietnam. With the desire of meeting international standards with best practices to reduce the environmental and social impacts, the project focuses on undertaking Cleaner Production Assessment (CPAs) at 6 factories. The objective is to understand the status of current production process and its impact now and then, thereby mitigate air, water and land pollution through the reduction of wastes generation and energy and resources consumption.
Main activities of the project
The project is implemented in four key phases:
- Phase 1: Preliminary data collation and advance preparations;
- Phase 2: Undertaking the cleaner production assessments on each of the 8 sites;
- Phase 3: Assessment of cleaner production potential in the factory; and
- Phase 4: Recommendations and report
Activities in 2021
Through the assessment, 60 CP solutions have been proposed, of which 27 solutions have been implemented by the factories.
To continue supporting businesses to implement RECP in practice.