- Donor: Eco-eye Co., Ltd
- Leading partner: INTRACO
- Implementing partners: VNCPC
- Duration: 07/2021 – 03/2022
- Sector: Industry
- Region: Vietnam
- Contact: Vu Nang Nam
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: (84-24) 3868 4849 – ext 16
The project was funded and implemented by Eco-eye Co., Ltd, based in Seoul (Korea). Currently, waste refrigerant is discharged directly into the atmosphere, and it greatly affects the ozone layer, making a significant contribution to global warming. F-gas is widely used in refrigeration equipment in cars, air conditioners, refrigerators, and refrigeration equipment in the industry, and buildings. One molecule of Fgas causes a greenhouse effect of 1,300 – 8,500 times higher than carbon dioxide (CO2). In Vietnam, the project is jointly implemented by Eco-eye, the Investment and Trade Consulting Company Limited (INTRACO), VNCPC and OunR2tech Co., Ltd. in the period 2020 – 2023.
Activities in 2021
- Surveyed Vietnam’s policies and regulations regarding refrigerant treatment;
- Collected national statistics (including material flows) related to refrigerants (import, trade, use, and disposal);
- Conducted survey and assessment of the refrigerant market in Vietnam;
- Investigated refrigerant usage in selected industrial parks.
- The overall progress of the project is still guaranteed. The results obtained were highly appreciated by the host agency and the sponsor. However, due to the complicated situation of the Covid-19 pandemic in Vietnam, it was difficult to approach enterprises in the industrial park. Therefore, the project implementation has been delayed in some activities.
To continue supporting the project’s market access and implement the refrigerant collection and recycling project in Vietnam.