- Donor: UNIDO
- Implementing partner: Serbia CPC
- Duration: 07/2021 – 02/2022
- Sector: Chemical management
- Region: Vietnam
- Contact: Le Xuan Thinh
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: (84-24) 3868 4849 – ext 28
The EU-funded project “IOMC Toolbox for decision making in chemicals management – Phase III: From design to action” was jointly implemented by UNIDO and the Serbia Cleaner Production Centre (Serbia CPC) from 2018 – 2021, to support developing countries and countries with economies in transition to strengthen their capacity to manage chemicals effectively and sustainably. In South Asia and Southeast Asia, Vietnam, along with Sri Lanka and Indonesia, are the three countries that implement the sub-regional training and national training sessions. The objective of the training sessions is to raise awareness and build capacity on application of chemical management tools in an effective and sustainable chemical management strategy, especially in the industrial sector.
Main activities of the service
- To nominate and select at least 8 qualified experts to participate in the one virtual sub-regional train the trainer workshop for South and Southeast Asia on the IOMC toolbox and its toolkits on industrial chemicals with focus on green chemistry and chemical leasing;
- To provide participation of the selected experts on the sub-regional workshop to gain knowledge on the IOMC Toolbox and UNIDO toolkits;
- To conduct 8-day virtual national training, comprising different modules of two UNIDO toolkits (green chemistry and chemical leasing), as well as an introductory session on the IOMC toolbox training. The objective of the training sessions is to raise awareness and build capacity to implement chemical management tools in effective and sustainable chemical management strategies, especially in the industrial sector of Vietnam.