- Donor: GIZ, under Macroeconomic Reforms/Green Growth (GG) Programme
- Implementing partner: VNCPC
- Duration: 06/2020 – 04/2022
- Sector: Industrial sector
- Region: Vietnam
- Contact: Le Xuan Thinh
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: (84-24) 3868 4849 – ext 28
The service contributes to promoting development of Vietnam’s industry in line with the renewal of the Green Growth model; economic prosperity, environmental sustainability, and social justice; towards a green, carbon-neutral economy, contributing to limiting the global temperature increase.
Main activities of the service
- To review and assess international experience on strategies, national policies and legal documents related to green growth, particularly in industrial sector;
- To select and develop baseline data for important industrial sub-sectors;
- To conduct the forecast of GHG emissions from industry based on TIMEs model;
- To propose GHG emissions reduction measures for industrial sector; and
- To participate in the development the draft National Strategy and Action Plan on GG for the period 2021 – 2030.
Activities in 2021
- Consulted with relevant ministries (MOIT, MOC, MONRE, MPI), national agencies and foreign organizations on GG’s measures for industrial sector;
- Summarized, analyzed, explained and completed the content of GG’s measures for industrial sector;
- Participated in developing and finalizing the Draft Strategy, Technical Report and other related reports and documents for submission to the Government Office for approval;
- Identified specific activities, implementation timeline, assignment of responsibilities and resources mobilized the national GG Action Plan as the basis for implementing the objectives, orientations, tasks and measures for industrial sector as set out in the GG Strategy;
- Coordinated, discussed, and agreed with experts in charge of other sectors with related content in group work sessions and seminars to develop the National GG Action Plan.
- To continue to consult with relevant ministries, sectors, localities, national agencies and foreign organizations on specific tasks and activities related to industrial sector mentioned in the national GG Action Plan;
- To finalize the content of industrial sector as set out in the action plan;
- To coordinate with the editorial team and other groups of experts in finalizing the Draft Action Plan, Technical Report and other related reports and documents to submit to the Government for approval.