Activities in 2019
Carry out survey and assess plastic recycling activities at the 2 villages
During the period from May to August 2019, the expert group of the consortium conducted surveys at 108 households in the two villages of Minh Khai and Phan Boi, focusing on the following issues:
- Update information on trading and production activities related to plastic wastes in the 2 villages;
- Assessing the production process, the status of storage and disposal of plastic recycling households;
- Carry out RECP quick assessment to provide solutions to help households improve their current production processes
Proposing BAT/BEP solutions to improve the production process in the 2 villages
Based on the survey’s findings, the consortium’s experts proposed solutions, ranging from simple with low-cost one to large investment, to help households improve their production flexibly to the financial capacity and production scale of each household.
The proposed solutions are integrated into 03 facilities, which are expected to be installed in the 2 villages as follows:
- Upgrade in 01 recycling line in Phan Boi, helping production households can take advantage of some existing equipment and do not require much investment costs;
- Invest in 01 new modern plastic recycling line in Minh Khai with high efficiency, generating less waste, saving electricity and water savings;
- Invest in 01 production line of construction materials such as bricks and tiles from plastic wastes in Minh Khai village. With this line, solid wastes from the production process of households will be collected for recycling.